Friday, October 2, 2009

I Thought I Heard Them Cry

The branches, I mean.

A few thousand days ago, our landlady wanted shelter from the sun. So she planted a black plum tree in front of her apartment complex. Yesterday, she wanted shelter from the storm. So she cut off its branches. 

I wish the tree were portable so it could be spared. But it is hers. And more importantly, she was right. As another typhoon strikes, less branches also means less risks:



The woman in the picture is her housekeeper. Someday, I'll ask her to teach me how to climb a tree. 8) By the way, here's the result of her ninja-like struggle:




It's not a pretty sight, is it? I'm sorry. When the branches were removed, some part of me was also taken away. Whew. But then again, the act was necessary for...  

         people: Safety? Check. 
                    Ample Vitamin D in the morning? Check.
         the tree: New look? Check. 
                      Another milestone? Check.
         both: "Natural Disaster-Free Future?"

Check. So cry no more dear branches. 8) 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"i think that i shall never see a poem as lovely as a tree..."

Howlsipher said...

Aww. You really feel for the tree. You must be quite the nature lover. ^^ If the trees were portable...well, that will be freaky. Imagine trees running around (kinda reminds me of Ents in Lord of The Rings) or worse throwing tantrums (wah!!!).

Fayery said...

Yep, I'm really fond of nature. I haven't watched LOR, though. So I searched what Ents look like. Haha. You're right; they are freaky. Even though I'm a nature lover (are you?) I wouldn't want to be lost in a forest of Ents. 8|

Howlsipher said...

Lolz. XD Neither do I. But if they were good Ents well, it would be nice to hang or sit on their branches while strolling the forest. ^^

Yep. ^^

Post a Comment