Sunday, September 13, 2009

Fall in Love

I could sit under this lovely, lovely tree all day. 

Wanna join? 8)


















(http://www.flickr.com/photos/financialaidpodcast/2955603509/)


You see, my love affair with autumn began when I first read my all-time favorite novel A Walk to Remember. I fell even harder upon watching my most beloved Korean drama Autumn in My Heart [a.k.a. Endless Love 1].

Both are surprisingly tragic, though (not to mention the movie Autumn in New York which I have yet to watch) - which gets most people to think that falling leaves suggest sorrow. 

But I digress. For several reasons, autumn is a happy season :

1) It makes us wanna hug our loved ones, our pets -- even ourselves!
2) It convinces us that 'idleness during autumn' is actually 'productiveness.'
3) It teaches us about the beauty of our complicated life's simplicity.

Funny how I could easily make these assumptions in my vicarious-living-loving-mind. Haha. Of course, I'll never experience autumn in the Philippines. And at present, traveling abroad seems as unlikely as having the season here. 

Nonetheless, I wouldn't be surprised if I found a lot of smiling people already sitting down that tree before I could even make a move. And we'd be talking about how delightful autumn is.

All day. 8)   

4 comments:

Howlsipher said...

Awwww that's lovely. ^^

Fayery said...

Wow, thank you. How about you, what's your favorite season? 8)

Howlsipher said...

Hmmm...cool season of December ^^(although our weather here is quite twisted now XD).

Fayery said...

You're right; it's so twisted it already hurts.8(

Post a Comment